Learn more about the feature that helps you avoid disturbing yourself or others.
Have you ever asked your Google Home or Nest device to set an alarm for the next morning at night and it responds as noisily as possible? Night mode allows you to say goodbye to the problem forever.
We will discuss what this handy feature is and how to enable it.
What is night mode?
Night Mode is a handy feature that essentially mutes your Google Home device at night. It’s one of the Google Home settings you should change, especially if you hate how loud and bright your device is just when you’re ready to hit the hay. Once enabled, Night Mode allows you to change the brightness and volume of your speaker or screen to avoid disturbing yourself or anyone else in the room.
Enable night mode
Enabling night mode on all your Google Home devices is easy to do. All you need is an internet connection and your phone with the Google Home app. Then follow these steps to enable night mode:
- Launch the Google Home app on your android or iOS device.
- Make sure you’re signed in to an account associated with your Google Home device. If not, change your account.
- Tap the device tile on the home screen.
- Select the Gear icon settings in the top right corner of the screen.
- Under General, tap Notifications & Digital Wellbeing > Night Mode.
- Set the toggle switch next to . at Enable night mode.
- Select which days and times you want the night mode to be active.
- Enable optional Do not disturb if you also want to turn off the notification sounds when night mode is active. With this setting enabled, you can still use reminders on your Google Home, but you won’t hear the reminder sounds. However, alarms and timers are excluded from this rule.
- Adjust the slider for: LED brightness at night and Maximum volume at night depending on your preferences.
Enjoy a quieter Google device at night
With the night mode, your evenings will never be the same. You can finally unwind and relax without having to worry about how loud and clear your Google Home or Netst device is every time you ask it to do something.