Fortunately, Instagram allows members to remove unwanted followers. In this article, we’ll discuss how to remove a follower and what other options are available to narrow down your viewership.
Remove a follower
Sometimes you get an Instagram follower that you want to delete. This could be someone you were in a relationship with, someone you don’t want to see your Instagram activity with anymore, or a spam account. Whatever the reason, deleting followers is an option.
How to delete an Instagram follower on an iPhone
The method of deleting an unwanted Instagram follower on iPhone is simple. There are two methods to do this.
Here’s how to remove a follower by going to your followers list:
- Launch the Instagram app by tapping the icon.
- Click on your ‘Profile photo’ in the bottom right corner.
- Select ‘Followers’ in the top part of the screen.
- Scroll down and find the account you want to delete. If you know the account name, you can type it in the search box at the top of the screen.
- To remove a follower, press the “Delete” button next to the account name.
- Press “Delete” to confirm.
To remove an unwanted follower directly from their account page, do the following:
- Open Instagram by tapping the icon.
- Click the “Magnifying Glass” icon at the bottom of the screen.
- In the search field at the top of the screen, type the name of the account you want to delete.
- Select the account.
- Press the “Three dots” icon in the top right corner.
- Tap “Remove Follower”.
- Press the red “Delete” button to confirm your choice.
You don’t need to do anything. The account you deleted will no longer see your Instagram posts in their news feed. In addition, they will not be notified that you have deleted them.
How to delete an Instagram follower on an Android device
Removing a follower from your account on an Android is easy. You can remove them by finding their account in your Follower List or by going directly to their account. All it takes are a few simple steps.
To remove a follower using your followers list, do the following:
- Tap the “Instagram” icon to launch the app.
- Click on your “Profile photo”.
- Press “Followers”.
- Scroll down and find the account you want to delete. If you know the name of the account, you can also type the name in the search box at the top of the screen.
- Click the “Delete” button next to the account name.
- Click “Delete” again to confirm.
You can also remove a follower directly by doing so from their account page. Follow these instructions to use this method:
- Launch the Instagram app.
- Select the “Magnifying Glass” icon and type the name of the account you want to delete.
- Click on the account name.
- Tap the “Three dots” icon and choose “Remove Follower”.
- Choose “Delete” to confirm.
Once you’ve removed a follower, they won’t be notified. However, if you delete them, your posts will no longer appear in their news feed.
Is there anything else I can do to prevent an account from following me on Instagram?
Yes. Removing a follower prevents them from seeing your uploads in their news feed. Even though you’ve deleted them, they can still view your account by going to your account page.
You have a number of options to prevent this. The first is setting your account to private. This allows only your followers to view your content. Private accounts don’t show up in Instagram searches.
Your other option is to block the account. You can keep your profile on public, but you can also block certain accounts. The steps to do this are identical to how to remove a follower. The difference is that instead of selecting ‘Delete’, you choose ‘Block’.
Removing unwanted followers from Instagram explained
With a few taps, you can quickly delete an Instagram follower. This can be accomplished either by removing them from your followers list or by going directly to their profile. In addition, they will not be notified that you have deleted them. You can take it one step further by blocking an account so they can’t see your posts or your profile. Blocking also prevents them from finding you with an Instagram search.
Have you deleted an Instagram follower? Have you used the methods discussed in this article? Let us know in the comments below.