There’s no denying that Snapchat is a great way to share your craziest moments with your friends. But since its inception in 2011, Snapchat has also drawn major companies, personalities, and trends to its groundbreaking platform. These days, there’s a lot more to the app than just seeing what your friends are doing right now. You can get the latest news, appreciate unique works of art and laugh a lot.
Viewing Snapchat stories is a fun and addictive activity. You could spend countless hours browsing through different ones until you realize you’ve glued yourself to your smartphone for too long. Snapchat allows you to view other users’ stories even if you don’t follow them or if you have Snapchat friends. The stories must be set to public in order to see them.
It’s relatively easy to find all the public stories that might grab your attention. You can try a few methods to indulge in Snapchat stories for hours on end.
Let’s take a quick look at how to see Snapchat stories without following or adding anyone.
If you want to see stories from users you don’t follow, Snapchat makes it really easy to do this through its “Snapchat Discover” feature.
This feature allows you to discover all Snapchat stories set to ‘Public’. You have to take a few steps to access the videos, but once you get there, you will no doubt find some new people to follow or add to your account.
Here’s how to access the Snapchat Discover feature:
- Launch the Snapchat app and swipe left on the home screen to open the Discover window.
- Swipe up until you find the story you want to watch from the stories created by celebrities, news agencies, websites, YouTubers and others.
- You can tap any story in Snapchat Discover to view it.
- In the video, tap the “vertical ellipse” in the top right corner to get options including “Subscribe” and “Send Snap.” Not all videos include this option.
- On the same video, slide up the screen to share the snap video via Meta, Messenger, Twitter, Messages, Instagram and other methods. In addition, you can copy the link, use the “Quick add” function, send it to different groups, etc.
- On the same video, you can tap the profile name and icon in the top left corner again to see options like “Watch more episodes”, “Subscribe”, recommended and “Send episode to…”
- To browse the stories in Snapchat Discover, you can slide the screen left to go backward and right to go forward, or you can slide down the screen to go back to the Discover page.
Now you know how to view stories from profiles that are not on your friends list and you can easily share or send the snaps, subscribe and enjoy them without being their friend. Of course, the profile’s settings must be set to public or you won’t see them on the Discover page.
View stories that are not public
If a user’s story is not public or part of Snapchat Live, there is no way to view it. This setting protects the privacy of those who would rather not share their stories with anyone.
In some apps, you can see a story set to private from someone who is not your friend. However, most apps come from untrustworthy sources and involve untrustworthy websites, login options, or downloads, so we cannot recommend this option. So it’s best to avoid these hacks to avoid a possible ban on your Snapchat account.
Anyway, adding a person as your Snapchat friend is much easier than trying to hack their account.
Can I see private stories without adding anyone?
No. Unless a friends screen records the story and sends it to you, or you become a follower, you won’t be able to see a private story.
Can I fake a live Snap?
Yes, that’s possible fake a live snap on Snapchat.
Stories are the bread and butter of Snapchat. Stories let you share photos and videos with your friends and followers. They’re also a great way to better understand a user you like or get the latest news about an important event from the people attending.
Follow the tips in this article to see stories posted by other people who aren’t on your Snapchat friend list. Also, don’t hesitate to post a public story or two yourself because you never know who might like and befriend you.